This is Sherstin's family roll recipe. It's the best I have ever tried. Thanks Sherstin for sharing!
1/3 Cup Shortening (if you don't have shortening, you can use butter or margarine)
1 1/2 cup warm water
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tbls yeast
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
5 cups of flour
Stir warm water into shortening. Add sugar and yeast. Beat eggs with fork and add to mixture. Add salt. Mix in flour. Cover bowl with cloth and let dough raise for 1 1/2 hours. Punch down and let the dough raise again for one hour. Roll out the rolls and place on a greased cookie sheet. Let the rolls rise again for one hour. Cover rolls with cloth while rising. Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes (I actually cook them at 350 for about 20 minutes). Immediately remove the rolls from the cookie sheet and put on a cooling rack or a clean cloth. (If you don't do that, they will get soggy on the bottom.) Makes about 2-1/2 dozen.
I always double the recipe.
No comments:
Post a Comment